St. Sophia’s is a limited intake shelter, meaning we do not have a stray holding license, nor do we have the capacity to house and care for stray and lost cats.
If you have found a stray cat, please visit our Stray/Feral Resources page to find an organization that can assist you.
If you’ve lost your cat, we’re sorry to hear that! St. Sophia’s does NOT have a stray holding license, so we do not take in strays from the general public.
- Call Dupage Animal Services at (630) 407-2800 or submit lost animal report online with 24PetConnect
- Check with your local Stray Holding Facility
- Talk to neighbors and post LOST PET flyers around the area where your pet was lost
- Call your police department and the police departments of all the surrounding towns
- Notify the microchip manufacturer that your cet is missing
- Add a lost pet report to missing pet websites:
- Cats RARELY go far — they may be hiding nearby in a dark, quiet place.
- Search within a two block radius.
- Use a flashlight to search for “eye-shine” the reflection of the cat’s eyes in the dark.
- Contact Us about borrowing a trap
- Learn more about searching for a lost cat
- Check Petco Love Lost